Wednesday, August 18, 2010

AntiVir VS. AVG?

I just want to compare these two free antivirus software, can anyone tell me which one is more effective on detecting virus?



AntiVir VS. AVG?noton



Did you mean Avira AntiVir vs. Avast AVG?



If that is what you mean then i 've literally went thru e.v.e.r.y s.i.n.g.l.e. user review comments on download.com of the two software and chose Avira AntiVir over Avast AVG at the end based on better overall reviews by the users(*everytime i come across user reviews that compared the 2, Antivir was always the better one, though it was a close tie).



I 've used it for two years now. detected alot of virus while it runs in background, guarded from alot of potential virus threats while surfing online, auto-update function does all work itself, the support forum on their site is really prompt in replying questions(one of the fastest response service i've seen). Though only 1 time virus successfully creeped in unaware while using limewire and crashed windows.



Hope this is good reference.



AntiVir VS. AVG?stinger



Out of those two, I would have to pick AVG. But for a better and safer overall experience I recommend Bit Defender or Dr. Web.
I know several people how have avg including myself.....it is the best free anti virus i think...it downloads automatic updates almost everyday for new viruses. U can also set it to scan your comp. everyday.
AVG is really good i have yet to find a virus with it.. so idk if its just my comp is clean or it cant find them.... also try Avira thats good too
AntiVir is Alvira. . . .thats what i use. AVG is just crap.
My experience is AVG scans better.
My Internet server recommended AVG, %26 I love it, the fact that they let you know that whatever was sent to you was bad, %26 they stopped it from coming through, highly recoment AVG.
AVG was rated as the best anti virus by Maximum PC
The choice is easy. (AVG is crap and always has been crap).

No comments:

Post a Comment