Sunday, August 15, 2010

My computer is running very slow..?

I just installed the Norton Antivirus software and I don't know for sure if thats why it's slowed down my laptop computer but it's the only new thing that has been downloaded. Sometimes it loads fine and other times it takes a RIDICULOUSLY long time to get going (and that's not even talking about opening websites) My computer is less than a year old and this is incredibly frustrating! Someone suggested I "scrub" it..how do I do that? Or any other suggestions?? Any help would be sooooo greatly appreciated!



My computer is running very slow..?internet security



Norton is no good. I've learned that. They don't even detect a lot of viruses. I would get another program. Norton downloads updates automatically and that's probably what is slowing you down.



My computer is running very slow..?network security



In general if your using the latest norton on an older computer ridiculous load times are normal.



The person who suggested scrubbing it may be on the right track it depends on how old your computer is. Basically he/she's suggesting uninstalling Norton and using something else. NOD32 is the best Anti-Virus with a small "footprint" (takes a lot less processing power as opposed to the bloated Norton.) Do you know what kind of processor you have and how much ram you have? That can make a big difference.
Norton is the problem - uninstall immediately and your troubles will be solved. -It happened to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment