Sunday, August 15, 2010

Why does Windows XP have 3 desktops?

My Dad's system started having 3 desktops (picture 3 of the same going from left to right) in XP making it almost impossible to see. The system goes through BIOS POST, and the Windows splash screen correctly. It only has this problem on the Windows desktop. He tried Windows Safe Mode, but it's even worse with snow in the background making the icons unreadable. We tried Windows rollback, but that didn't work. We also tried changing the video resoution, but that didn't help. He said he ran Antivirus software last night, but he wasn't sure if it captured a virus or not.



Why does Windows XP have 3 desktops?internet security software



this sounds like you have the desktop background set to tile and not center or stretch on the desktop right click go to properties go to desktop under position change it to stretch or center hit apply then ok



should be back to normal



Why does Windows XP have 3 desktops?moto guzzi



That wouldn't be a virus. Its something else that is installed.



I'm not sure I understand. he has one Monitor, but on the screen he sees 3 desktops (smaller screens) side by side?



Does the mouse move through all of them?



There are programs that let you have virtual Desktops. So you can do more work. (you just have different desktops).



I would think I need a picture to see what this is all about?
I think dr. bucks hit the nail right on the head
Get a Mac!



Get a MAC!!



GET A MAC!!!



I've had a Macbook Pro for almost 2 years now, and I haven't seen not one virus. I'm not kidding. I've never had to take it in for servicing, and the only way to crash the computer is if you open all the programs on your dock all at the same time.



Just get a mac, and solve ALL your problems RIGHT THERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment