Wednesday, August 18, 2010

False Windows Security Alerts?

Everytime after I log in, Windows security alerts balloon pops up telling me ''no firewall is turned on'' and ''antivirus software might not be installed''.



But I've got the most up to date versions of NOD32 and Comodo Firewall Pro running and I've been using them for ages. Windows Security Centre just started not recognizing them since last night. I only installed Babylon 7 and can't think of any other changes I did.



I tried clearing out my cache, the scanning with Spybot, AVG Anti Spyware, and NOD32 - no threats found; rebooted for a few times, still the same outcome.



Any ideas?



Cheers



False Windows Security Alerts?pop up blocker



click on the security center icon and go into its settings and disable alerts ..



False Windows Security Alerts?systemworks



Turn OFF windows firewall and security. But not recomended. Also scan with Spybot Search and destroy (good antispyware software)
disable alerts by clicking on the balloons when they pop up



or



uninstall your antivirus and re install and fully update.........its wise to have only 1 antivirus tho......they dont like working 2gether.....

No comments:

Post a Comment