Wednesday, August 18, 2010

I can't format my floppy, WindowsXP?

Ok, I am not dumb, I consider myself pretty tech savvy, but I cannot figure this out. Obviously I know how to format a disk, by right mouse clicking on the a: drive and clicking format and going through the stps, but I get a Windows message that says the disk cannot be formatted.



So I opened the command prompt window and typed format a:/x



Doing that I got:



The type of the file system is RAW.



The new file system is FAT.



Formatting 1.44M



Invalid Media or track 0 bad - disk unusable



Oh, and typing format a: /FS:FAT/x gives me the same error



It is a brand new floppy, I just bought a brand new box of floppies.



And please don't tell me to use some more sophisticated media because believe me I would if I could, but I can't, it's for school, and I have to use floppies.



I am not running any antivirus software so that is not preventing me from reformatting the hard drive.



So if anyone has a different solution, I would love to hear it.



I can't format my floppy, WindowsXP?trojan



Can your A: drive READ any disks?

No comments:

Post a Comment