Friday, August 20, 2010

Question fo Computer experts.......?

My question is what would cause the following to happen? My screen freezes whether I am in the middle of something or not, then a blue screen comes up for about 3 seconds and then my pc restarts. I only get glimpses of the screen when it does it, but I have gathered that it says something along the lines of, there is an error......dumping physical memory.....Anyone know why? I have antivirus software installed (now anyway) and I just installed a registry cleaner.....is there another possible problem? Thanks



Question fo Computer experts.......?malware



If it says dumping physical memory ... the blue screen of death.



Here are the options.



1. What you have to look into is your RAM (memory). Is it the original or you recently installed additional? If yes then make sure the ram is the same type. If no, continue below.



2. Update your graphic card drivers from the support website, also update your chipset drivers (motherboard) including the latest directX from microsoft site, have service pack two installed. It would also help to update your sound card drivers. Some users have experienced computer freezes when volume on the sound card is set on maximum when playing visual sound, setting it on medium immediately resolves the problem though.



3. Does you hard drive make funny noises. It could also be a dying hard drive that is causing this problem. Use a hard drive inspection tool to analyse the condition of your hard drive.

No comments:

Post a Comment