Wednesday, August 18, 2010

I need help setting up tiscali wireless on a laptop?

Tomorrow I'm hopefully getting a laptop with wifi, and I'm not sure how I'd go about setting up a wireless connection.



Our desktop PC is on Tiscali broadband, with a standard modem etc. and our operating system is XP.



Also, I already know I have to get a wireless router, but does it need any specific specifications to work properly? And what is a ''network card'', will I need one of those even though my laptop will be wifi enabled?



Will my desktop PC have to be turned on to access the internet on the laptop? and will I have to install Norton or other antivirus software on the laptop too, to protect it?



Thanks, sorry for the large number of questions!



I need help setting up tiscali wireless on a laptop?photoshop



If you have a laptop with built-in wireless, make sure that it's turned on. There is normally a switch to turn on wireless, look for a little light with an antenna symbol, it should be on. Then go to your network connections and click on view wireless connections. Your Laptop will have a NIC (Network) already



And if you get a wireless router and connect it to your PC, your laptop would be fine picking up the signal.



And your PC does not need to be on just as long as your router is connected to your Internet signal from your ISP



(Internet Service Provider)



Oh and for a Antivirus you don't have to get Norton, you get a free one from AVG

No comments:

Post a Comment