Friday, August 20, 2010

Why is Internet Explorer crashing whenever I type a URL into the address bar?

I have two different computers running Windows XP Pro. They are well maintained, with firewalls, updated antivirus software, and all recommended patches. Recently Internet Explorer 6 started crashing on both machines whenever I type a URL in the address bar. I have a feeling the problem may be related to the Macromedia Flash add-on, but I'm not sure. Does anyone know what is going on here?



Why is Internet Explorer crashing whenever I type a URL into the address bar?virus scanner



I recently had IE problem on my wife's PC. I upgraded IE to 7 Beta, and the problem was solved. Based on your description, I would suspect virus on your PCs. As problem is happening on both of them simultaneously, you have to track how can the events be connected: virus infection, new software installation, etc. If that happened recently, you can roll back your system status at the previous system backup point through built-in service accessory in XP.



Why is Internet Explorer crashing whenever I type a URL into the address bar?anti virus software



because you need a mac. lol
why are you still using IE, make the switch to mozilla firefox
if its a flash add on, try uninstalling it and then if it still does then u can reinstall it, if it doesnt then u know where thy cause was. that is called proper error debugging, eliminate some options so we know how to answer better. if not that though, sounds like a virus of some sort, check the run registry setting so can c if any programs are turning on without u knowign that u dont want, or check start%26gt;programs%26gt;startup folder for programs that turn on when windows starts



o yeah, and IE is perfectly safe firefox is not better, microsoft has fixed all exploits so there is nothing rong with it.
to start with run an anti spy ware program such as spybot, (cnet).



Sounds as if that could be your problem.



Also I suggest running CCLEANER this will fix any reg problems.



also try microsoft download for ie 7 beta 3 this is the latest version of IE.



good luck
problem with IE or



Security Software causing it or



possible infection with some malicious software

No comments:

Post a Comment